I have grown so much in confidence now, and for the first time I could work with someone virtually to build a project. The excitement from completing projects is incomparable.
Decision Making with Data
We live in the age of data: when you like a post on social media, visit a website, or click a purchase button, you generate data. Organizations need people and systems to analyze all this data and uncover valuable insights that will inform future business decisions. Data analysis is one of the most in-demand skills today. In 2021 alone, we produced 2.5 quintillion bytes of data daily. That’s 2.5 with 18 zeros! With this data explosion, the data analytics market is also projected to grow exponentially.
Given this data boom, now is the perfect time to grow your analytical skills. This course will introduce you to the fundamentals of data analysis using Google Sheets. Using a real-life business case study, you will work through a problem, analyze a data-set and make recommendations to a business owner.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Use basic functions and confidently navigate the Google sheets interface
- Explore data-sets using filters & data validation tools
- Clean and organize data-sets
- Build dynamic spreadsheets
- Create charts and graphs to present data
Give yourself a competitive edge and enhance your analytical skills with this free half-day course.
The class is completely free of charge. To be eligible to attend, you must:
- Be 16 – 24 year old in Kenya, Nigeria and Ghana
- Be proficient in written and spoken English
- Have basic proficiency in computer knowledge
- Have a computer/laptop with internet access
- Have a free Google account
What students are saying
The best part was learning with people from different countries and collaborating with the squad. I enjoyed interacting with people that are not in Kenya.
I didn't expect it to be so fun. The best part was team-building and relating to others. I saw so many different solutions to problems when we were working together.