I have grown so much in confidence now, and for the first time I could work with someone virtually to build a project. The excitement from completing projects is incomparable.
Future Proof with Python
Python is one of the most versatile and useful programming languages. From web development and data analytics to AI and machine learning, its real-world applications are virtually limitless. For example:
- Instagram uses Python to scale its service to over 1B users
- Industrial Light & Magic uses Python to create CGI and special effects in hundreds of films including Star Wars
- Spotify and Netflix use Python to power data analytics so they can provide good recommendations and suggestions
This 5-week class, intended for those with little or no programming experience, teaches the fundamentals of computer programming in Python. You will learn core programming concepts such as variables, functions, conditionals and loops. Throughout your learning, you’ll be supported by your peers, an experienced instructor and mentors who are software developers. You’ll build and present several projects and have a portfolio to showcase your skills. By the end of the course, you’ll have the skills and a community to succeed in college-level computer science.
The class is completely free of charge. To be admitted to the class, you must:
- Be 16-28 years old
- Currently live in Africa
- Be proficient in written and spoken English
- Have basic proficiency in computer usage, though no prior knowledge of coding is expected
What students are saying
The best part was learning with people from different countries and collaborating with the squad. I enjoyed interacting with people that are not in Kenya.
I didn't expect it to be so fun. The best part was team-building and relating to others. I saw so many different solutions to problems when we were working together.